Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 6 Walk w/Christ: Day of Gratitude


Read- Psalms 50:14, Mosiah 24: 21-22 & 3 Nephi 10:10

Challenge today: When I feel the penny today, I will think of something new to be grateful for. What are my top 10 or can I think of 100?

There’s a story about a floral shop that gives out arrangements containing only the thorny stems of the rose, but not the flower. These displays remind us to think of how we have grown, survived and become stronger through the challenges in our lives. Often we focus on the positive blessings & don’t consider our trials part of them. Looking at the prickly floral bouquet or any reminder of past troubles, helps us all to appreciate the good and hard times.
A poem by George Matheson reads:
My God, I have never thanked Thee for my thorn!
I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses,
But never once for my thorn.
Teach me the glory of the cross I bear, teach me the value of my thorns.
Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain.
Show me that my tears have made my rainbow.

Journal: Write some of the things that come to mind you havn't thought of for awhile & how they have helped or blessed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment