Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 12 Walk w/Christ: The Savior at My Side


Read: 3 Nephi 14:12, 17: 5-7; Mark 8: 34-35, John 14: 6-7

Challenge of the day: Live today concentrating on having the Savior at your side. Remember He is watching over you and try to live with Him at your side.

If the Savior Stood Beside Me by Sally DeFord
If the Savior stood beside me, would it do the things I do?
Would I think of his commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow his example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savir stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if he were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see him there
And because he loves me dearly, I am in his watchful care
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

If I wake up during the night from a deep sleep often my mind will begin to review the day’s events or contemplate tomorrow’s goals. There is only one way to put a stop to the world taking over my peaceful rest. It is to visualize the Savior ministering to the people, praying for me or in a piece of artwork. Just thinking of Him brings sleep to this weary mind.

Journaling: Did I act differently today as Jesus was at my side. Was there improvement in some area?

No comments:

Post a Comment