Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 5: Take One Another’s Burdens


Read verses: Gal 6:2, Heb 13:1, Psalms 54:22 & Mosiah 18:8-9, 21

As we strive to be more like Him, we need to be more aware of those around us. Some people only need a smile, others a kind word. Listen to the Spirit tell you who needs your love/ear/help today.

Challenge: When you feel the penny, try to soften your heart & open up to those around you, as Christ does everyday for us.

President Gordon B. Hinkley told a story of a remote school in Virginia’s mountains full of unruly boys. An inexperienced teacher applied knowing it would be a hard job. He let the boys set the class rules and penalty for breaking them. Soon the lunch of big Tom was stolen and the small culprit was found. He was to receive a beating without his coat on, but plead to be able to keep it on. Rules were rules. The young man had no shirt when the coat was removed, so Tom volunteered to take the licking. All agreed that a substitute could do it. Before the job was completed, little Jim had reached his arms around Tom saying, “I’m sorry that I stole your lunch, but I was really hungry. Tom I will love you till I die, for taking my licking for me! Yes, forever!

“Surely, he hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows…”

Journaling: Are there some in my life I can help or take a few minutes to let someone in?

No comments:

Post a Comment