Monday, March 30, 2009

14 Day Walk w/Christ


Easter is in two weeks. It's so easy to get caught up in the world's way of celebrating with the Easter Bunny and all, that often we forget the real meaning the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am taking a walk with Jesus for the next fourteen days and would love you to join me.

The only way we can really know another person is to walk in his shoes; think what he thinks, learn what he knows, say what he would say and do what he would do. Christ said, "Come follow me." I invite you to follow our Savior in all that you do & say.

You may say, 'I'm not good enough, I've sinned, He won't want me.' Even though I promise every Sunday that I will always remember Him, I often forget by Monday. We all make mistakes. Remember He loves you unconditionally. You can do it. With God everything is possible.

Henry Ford said, "If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right."

Each morning make time to read the scriptures and challenge for the day. Drop a penny in your shoe or pocket, remembering that the penny says, "In God We Trust." The penny is a constant reminder that you are trusting in God to help you grow and change as you focus on Christ. Get a small notebook to record your thoughts & feelings each day as you evaluate how you did. If you miss some days, do those that appeal most to you.

Day 1: An Invitation to Walk with Christ
Read: John 8:12, John 1:27-28, 2 Nephi 31:12-13

Concentrate on walking WITH Christ. Strive to act as he would. Each time you feel the penny, have a prayer in your heart that you'll be able to come closer to Christ and walk as HE does with faith in our Heavenly Father & genuine love for others.

"Follow the pathway of the Lord. Walk in His footsteps." the poem by Daniel S. Twohig
I walked today where Jesus walked, in days of long ago;
I wandered down each path He knew, With rev'rent step and slow.
Those little lanes, they have not changed-A sweet peace fills the air.
I walked today where Jesus walked, And felt His presence there.

I knelt today where Jesus knelt, Where all alone He prayed;
The Garden of Gethsemane-My heart felt unafraid!
I picked my heavey burden up, And with Him by my side,
I climbed the Hill of Calvary, Where on the Cross He died!

May you be blessed in all that you do, as you work toward achieving this goal.
I walked today where Jesus walked, And felt Him close to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment