Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wonder in the Winterland


Dreary as the days are this winter there's always fun to be found outdoors at a small cost. Bundle the kids up & get out there. Make snow angels, a family of snow people or forts for the ambitious.

Sleds are cheap now, garbage bags work or get the old one out. Many city parks, neighborhood drain basins or schools have hills adequate for weekend adventures. No snow, try ice skating. Many places offer free/discount coupons. Check the DI or friends/family for their cache of skates, snowshoes or skiis. All are welcome to borrow my ice skates (size 7 women or 1 youth). I have both men's (11) & women's (9) cross country ski & snowshoes (one size fits all).

Years ago I got a four piece set of penguin dishes (dinner plates, bowls, cups etc) for Christmas. The salad plates were especially cute with the cold weather cupids doing antics. I get them out every winter to enjoy. Four wasn't enough for entertaining & none in the stores to increase my collection. I found these four matching plates at the DI last year & was excited to have enough for guests. There is wonder in the winterland when we look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment