Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09/09/09 @09:09 pm

When I'm awake in the early hours of the morning (3-5am), often after contemplating the things I did yesterday & what I will do today, worry & despair creep in. They like to tell me I've failed, I'm a loser & useless. It's easy to believe these negative words at a vulnerable time. I begin to cry as this pathway becomes real.

Soon I stop because the still small voice whispers, 'It's not true! You are special. I love you!' I recognize the voice of the Holy Ghost speaking for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Grabbing a hold of His words, I fight my way back. I imagine His arms around me, turn to follow Him. We go down the straight & narrow pathway of hope and love. I repeat over & over in my mind, that 'Jesus Loves Me!' Stubbornly my malefactor leaves. I don't look back.

I kneel to pray & if need be, read the scriptures. Darkness dissipates & peace comes.
'Jesus Loves Me! Jesus Loves You! Never forget it, NEVER! never!

No comments:

Post a Comment